Thursday, April 21, 2011
Thursday, September 23, 2010
So like we're totally psyched for the new season because it's like happening right now! Now like what's behind that big, rusty door?
Follow Venus Spa on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TeamVenusSpa
Locations provided by Vertical Adventures: http://www.verticaladventures.ca
Hair and Makeup provided by MC College of Winnipeg: http://www.mccollege.ca
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
With Microsoft releasing on of the most anticipated titles to hit the X-Box 360 since, well, ever, we wanted to look back at some of the greatest gamer moments ever witnessed by the Interwebz. These are moments that immortalized the gaming experience and struck a chord with gamers all over the world. If you're a new age, RPG or retro gamer, this one's for you. Enjoy!
5. Twilight 8-Bit Game:
Arguably the Fine Brothers' FINEst hour! The video was so big that the evils of Big Media were forced to crush it. The incident was so big that everyone from Perez Hilton to Mashable pushed the story cementing the Fines' legend as THE kings of web satire of this era.
4. The Guild: Super Mario Incident:
Who here DIDN'T laugh uncontrollably when Tink got the star in Super Mario Bros?
And you thought Zaboo in his undies was gonna make the list didn't you...
3. Atari Intervention:
As the girls from Venus Spa showed, if you or someone you love has a serious gaming addiction, all you need to do is make them play E.T. for Atari. It's a guaranteed cure!
2. If Games Were Real:
One of maybe 3 funny Smosh videos and this one hit it out of the ball park. If you want a piece of that Princess's ass Mario, it's gonna cost you!
The AVGN vs. Bugs Fucking Bunny!
I don't think that anything in gaming history could possibly touch The Nerd going toe to toe with Bugs FUCKING Bunny and then taking a massive dump on his face. Peter Griffin vs. The Chicken; take notes.
We may have missed a few but be sure to tell us your favorite web series gaming moments in the comments!
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Ah the 80's, was there a greater era for out of this world fashions and over the top fads? Never before did we see so many fly by night trends that were hotter than Joan Jett one minute and gone the next. Today we look at 10 fads from the Reagan era that we think REALLY need to make a comeback!
10. Speak and Spell: How epic was a game that bitched you out if you made a mistake? Not to mention the ability to make the game say the swear words of your choice. If Drew Barrymore can make a comeback so can the REAL star of E.T. (Henry Thomas needs to come back too but that's a whole other blog.)
9. Play Doh: Fun to play with, even funner to eat!
8. Pullover baseball jerseys:
7. Read Along Storybook/Records! These were the coolest things ever, especially before the internet but can you imagine how epic these would be today?
6. Pogo Bal: This is a fad that I hated when I was a kid but now I see the marketing potential of hotties bouncing on these pieces of crap. Bring it back, we need excuses to see girls bouncing up and down for hours on end!
5. Madballs! Gross for one, gross for all and totally fucked up!
4. Leotards and Leg Warmers: Guys, are you tired of girls wearing t-shirts and pants at Yoga class? There needs to be a petition to mandate the return of leotards and leg warmers to our exercise studios nationwide STAT!
*Can you imagine THESE girls bouncing on Pogo Ball's? @_@
3. Cut off Tour T-Shirts: They made fat guys look buff, buff guys look skinny and all girls look stacked. These shirts were the great equalizer!
2. VCR Board Games: After the video game industry in America crashed in 1983 Hollywood thought the next generation of gaming would be interactive VHS board games. They were wrong. Fuck the board games, I just want epic videos like this back! They couldn't be much worse than reruns of Friends on Peachtree...
And now our Number 1. 80's fad that needs to make a comeback:
1. THE CANADIAN TUXEDO!!!!! Fads come and fads go but girls in jean jackets and tight jeans NEVER get old. Fuck 70's leisure suits, give me some denim!
Look me in the eye and tell me THIS isn't the very definition of chic fashion!
Like the list? Got something I missed? Be sure to comment and let me know what you think!
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Roomies is really starting to get crazy. The last arc saw Sally force Doug to change his name at gunpoint. Now her best friend is moving in on his turf and he doesn't like it. Can a middle aged man really learn to love slumber parties and manni/petti sessions?